Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 4, 2010

Reading List

/>The Department reading list for Modern British and American Literature is the beginning source for my study.

I have read most of the texts on the list in terms of Fiction. Poetry and Drama are another story, and I'll be starting with poetry and drama. I've been watching some interesting documentaries via CNM's (central new mexico community college) website, on the libary's page-- W.H. Auden, Dylan Thomas, Sean O'Casey, so far. Good stuff! I need a multi-modal approach to learning, and blogging, maybe is going to be a helpful part of that.

I have been looking for film versions of O'casey's work, and, so far, have found only Alfred Hitchcock's version of Juno and the Paycock

The Drama part of this is going to be dominated by the Irish, I think-- with Sean O'Casey, John Milton Synge, W.B. Yeats, and one Irish American will figure in whose work I've loved since I was an undergrad (Eugene O'Neil). I know there is a great film version of Long Day's Journey into Night with Katherin Hepburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment