Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 4, 2010

Beginning with a delivery

The Cambridge Introduction to Modernism (Cambridge Introductions to Literature)I am planning to take comps in February to cap five years of study toward my PhD. I am doing reading this summer to prepare specifically for the Literary/ Historical field, Modern British and American Literature. I will also comp in Composition and Language and Rhetoric. I feel relatively strong in the Rhetoric and Composition areas, as I've invested more time and study thus far in those areas (my focus is Rhetoric and Writing), but a little shaky, though in love with, Modernism. The idea for the blog is to track my progress toward the Literary/ Modernism part of my comps.

When I arrived home yesterday, after a day as Director of our ABE program (my new job as of May 24th), the UPS guy was on my porch. Sunyoung and the kids were out, so he handed me a plain brown wrapper. Sound exciting? It was a very good recently written introduction to Modernism:

And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment